We are continuing a theme of organizations related to cancer for October with an organization with a catchy name….Project Boobies!
Project Boobies has a twofold mission:
- The first mission is to raise awareness of charity Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreats, a unique non-profit organization that helps cancer survivors win the mental battle with cancer.
- The second mission is to sell ProjectBoobies.com breast cancer shirts to raise money for Kokolulu and raise awareness of early detection. Up to 50% of the profits from the t-shirts are donated.
According to founder Rob Schmidt, “With Project Boobies, we’ve developed a new line of shirts that are geared to spotlight the need for people to be aware of their bodies to catch breast cancer early and make a difference.” The logo was actually created using the hands of Schmidt’s 14 year old daughter. The breast cancer ribbon tied around the finger is a reminder to conduct your self-exams and mammograms to promote early detection. Schmidt continues, “We left our motto of I Grab A Feel so Cancer Can’t Steal open ended because breast cancer steals something different from everyone so we wanted the person wearing or seeing our shirt to define what is stolen from them.”
How can you help?
- Visit ProjectBoobies.com to make a direct donation to Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreat, learn more about breast cancer or to learn more about self exams.
- Visit ProjectBoobies.com to buy a logo shirt to spread the word about the importance of early detection!
- Check out some shirts autographed by Model/Actress Cassandra Lynn available on their auction page.
- Help connect Project Boobies with additional celebrities willing to sign a few shirts.
- Visit the Kokolulu website to learn more and spread the word!
Support Breast Cancer Awareness month by “grabbing a feel!”